Professional complaint management: Customer service by letter and e-mail
Responding to complaints in a clear, customer-oriented style, and formulating refusals/rejections in a respectful tone.
Every complaint is an opportunity to generate positive customer loyalty. Polite answers to both simple and complex complaints have a crucial role to play in the business process. Seminar participants find out how to deal with complaints with peace of mind and write respectful, clearly structured replies. This enables you to project a professional image as well as saving both time and costs.
Responding to both simple and complex complaints repeatedly poses a particular challenge in the area of customer contact. Contemporary replies are friendly, frank, clearly structured and reflect an emotional tone as appropriate.
Seminar objectives: Participants review their strategies in responding to letters and e-mails and learn how to handle even complex complaints in a way which effectively strengthens customer loyalty.
Duration: 1 day, e.g. 9:00am – 5:00pm
- Participants submit customer letters/e-mails and the relevant replies for prior analysis and formulate their questions and expectations of the training course.
Participants review their strategies in responding to letters and e-mails to customers and learn how to handle even complex complaints in a way which effectively strengthens customer loyalty.
- The eight basic principles to follow for a contemporary letter and e-mail style
- What no longer works: obsolete (e.g. „zur Verfügung stehen“), wrong (e.g. „beiliegend finden Sie“), superfluous („wir beziehen uns auf“) or clumsy expressions are replaced with flawless, contemporary ones
- Clear, targeted and precise formulations: drafting letters that are correctly and comprehensibly structured
- Sensible structuring and the best possible line of argument
- Primary and secondary purpose of the customer letter: choose positive, respectful wording which is not patronising[
- Complaint handling: Wording replies to criticism, cancellations and rejections in a respectful manner, especially in customer service
- If necessary: create sample templates for commonly used texts
- Write with formal precision: be familiar with and apply the guidelines and norms for letter and e-mail writing
- Optimise letters and e-mails written by participants
Handbook, quick reference cards and seminar service
- Detailed seminar handbook and handouts with exercises
- A5 quick reference cards as a brief summary
- Supplementary material and PDF photographic protocol by e-mail
- Support after the seminar: simply by e-mail or using the Knowledge Blog – participants can continue to ask questions and request tips after the seminar
Your communication skills trainers:
During her 25 year career as a writer in the UK, Sarah Gibbons has developed excellent communication skills which have been expertly used in a diverse range of situations, including journalism, public relations and training. Sarah is also a regular contributor of articles to an international lifestyle magazine and author of promotional material for private sector companies. As well as writing traditional press releases for organisations and assisting them with their internal and external communications, Sarah also devises and implements social media strategies and delivers in-house communication training programmes to clients including police, IT companies, business coaches and the automotive industry. Sarah lives in Worcestershire, UK.
- Education: BA degree in American Studies and French, a Certificate in Journalism and a Cert TESOL
- Journalistic experience: Newspaper and magazine reporter and Editor in the UK, international lifestyle feature writer
- Training language: English
- Training topics: Business letter and email writing, Complaint management by letter and email, Press and publicity, Business English language courses, in-company communication workshops
Small groups: max. 6 participants |
Participation fee: 521,00 Euro/ £450 plus VAT
incl. handbook, reference cards, course material, lunch, beverages during course
for 2+ participants registered: -20 %