Training course: Basics of communication and speech
Reflect on your own communication behaviour and plan conversations using various well-established models and techniques.
Familiarity with the basic rules of communication enables you to successfully achieve your individual goals and steer conversations. Participants learn about the key factors influencing communication and how they can identify and apply these deliberately in conversations: attitudes, body language, mindset, speech and dealing with blockages. They reflect on their own communication behaviour and plan conversations using various well-established models and techniques.
Success is essentially a matter of being able to communicate properly. Only those who are able to conduct their conversations constructively and fairly will achieve the short, medium and long-term goals they have set themselves yet still remain open to new ideas, influences and impulses.
Training objectives: Participants learn how to recognise the factors that significantly influence communication, identify them during a conversation and apply them selectively.
Duration: 1 – 2 days, e.g. 9:00am – 5:00pm
- Understand and being understood – what are the most important factors for successful communication?
- Models for speech and conducting conversations in practical use, e.g. the Four Ears model (the message square, four levels of a message), active listening
- Recognising the personal mindset of a discussion partner and taking account of it in the conversation
- Non-verbal communication: Body language – signals and aids to understanding
- Effective language – communicating clear and explicitly
- Questioning techniques and dealing with killer phrases or other blockages in a dialogue
- Appropriate and expedient forms of behaviour in a dialogue (transaction analysis)
- How we see ourselves and how others see us – constructive feedback and how to avoid typical pitfalls
- Formulating desires for change in a respectful yet deliberate manner
Handbook, quick reference cards and seminar service
- Detailed seminar handbook and handouts with exercises
- A5 quick reference cards as a brief summary
- Supplementary material and PDF photographic protocol by e-mail
- Support after the seminar: simply by e-mail or using the Knowledge Blog – participants can continue to ask questions and request tips after the seminar
Your communication skills trainer:
Uwe Freund has supported companies in improving internal and external communication since 1989 as a communication trainer, speaker, business coach and consultant for business letter and email writing, complaint management, time management, telephone skills and presentation skills. He develops company-specific concepts and materials to optimize written communication in customer service in German and supports the implementation with text modules and templates. Uwe has special sector expertise in automotive, health insurance, banks and financial services, insurance, legal partnerships, clothing/fashion. Uwe Freund lives in Munich, Germany.
- University education: Political Science, Psychology and German Literature. Degree: M. A. (Magister/Master)
- Coaching training based on Transactional Analysis; continued education in Gestalt, NLP, TCI, conflict management, group dynamics, sports training methodology, Meridian Based Psychology (MPC), INSIGHTS MDI (Accredited Consultant), Lumina Spark
- Training languages: German (native speaker), English (business fluent, C2)
- Training topics: Business Letter and Email Writing, Telephone Skills, Customer Service and Complaint Management, Time Management and Self-management, Presentation Skills and Facilitation Skills, Copywriting