Telephone training: Successful telephone communication with customers
Engage positively on the phone, actively steer your customer through the conversation.
The telephone is by far the most important instrument of business communication. In this seminar, participants learn how to selectively prepare phone calls with customers and use specific rhetorical means to engage positively. Working with sample phrases, participants develop individual phone call guidelines that enable them to cope confidently even in difficult situations.
Seminar objectives: Participants learn how to engage positively on the phone, actively steering the other person through the conversation. Voice and expression exercises enable participants to convey self-confidence and expertise. They learn how to remain in control in difficult situations.
Duration: 1 – 2 days, e.g. 9:00am – 5:00pm
- Basic principles and quality criteria for successful phone calls
- Preparation of specific phone calls: Phone call guide
- Sample phrases for typical situations on the telephone
- Making optimum use of questioning techniques such as activation questions, open/closed questions, alternative questions
- Dealing with complaints and objections in a customer-oriented manner
- Coping confidently with difficult situations
- Development of individual elements and phone call guides
- Practical exercises with recording and detailed assessment based on an assessment sheet
Handbook, quick reference cards and seminar service
- Detailed seminar handbook and handouts with exercises
- A5 quick reference cards as a brief summary
- Supplementary material and photographic minutes by email
- Support after the seminar: simply by email or using the Knowledge Blog – participants are welcome to ask questions and request tips after the seminar
Your telephone skills trainer:
During her 25 year career as a writer in the UK, Sarah Gibbons has developed excellent communication skills which have been expertly used in a diverse range of situations, including journalism, public relations and training. Sarah is also a regular contributor of articles to an international lifestyle magazine and author of promotional material for private sector companies. As well as writing traditional press releases for organisations and assisting them with their internal and external communications, Sarah also devises and implements social media strategies and delivers in-house communication training programmes to clients including police, IT companies, business coaches and the automotive industry. Sarah lives in Worcestershire, UK.
- Education: BA degree in American Studies and French, a Certificate in Journalism and a Cert TESOL
- Journalistic experience: Newspaper and magazine reporter and Editor in the UK, international lifestyle feature writer
- Training language: English
- Training topics: Business letter and email writing, Complaint management by letter and email, Press and publicity, Business English language courses, in-company communication workshops
© 2018 uwe freund communications | www.uwefreundcommunications.com