Training course: New German spelling and DIN 5008
Apply simple rules to decide confidently how to handle commas, capitalisation, compound verbs and DIN 5008.
Contemporary business correspondence in German requires application of the new spelling rules. This seminar helps participants overcome any uncertainty they may have when it comes to spelling. They find out how to apply simple rules to decide confidently how to handle commas, capitalisation and compound verbs. DIN 5008 provides clear answers to everyday formal questions such as how to set out addresses and abbreviations.
The new German spelling rules are now well established. Nowadays, writing in a contemporary style means sticking to the new norms. These guidelines represent a clear move away from learning spellings off by heart towards the application of simple rules and a more tolerant fundamental approach. The reform offers clear improvements, especially for those who write a lot.
The German DIN norm 5008 “Spelling and layout rules for text processing“ makes writing easier by setting out formal specifications: How are addresses laid out? What is the correct way to spell abbreviations, titles, telephone numbers, characters for words and much more besides?
Seminar objectives: Participants find out how to write in a contemporary in German according to the rules of new German spelling and DIN 5008.
Duration: 1 day, e.g. 9:00am – 5:00pm
- The function, purpose and benefits of the spelling reform: clear rules and less need to look up
- Sounds and letters: ss/ß rule, word stem principle, umlauts, systematisation of individual cases
- Hyphenation rules
- Capitalisation: many exceptions no longer apply
- Commas: only seven rules to remember!
- Verbs that are joined together or separated: “zurück schicken” or “zurückschicken”?
- DIN 5008 rules and regulations, in particular: abbreviations, titles, addresses, telephone numbers, spacing where characters are used to replace words
- Practical exercises
Handbook, quick reference cards and support
- Detailed seminar handbook and handouts with exercises
- A5 quick reference cards as a brief summary
- Supplementary material and photographic minutes by email
- Support after the seminar: simply by email or using the Knowledge Blog – participants are welcome to ask questions and request tips after the seminar
Your communication skills trainer:
Uwe Freund. Communication skills trainer, coach, copy optimiser (German). Uwe Freund has supported companies in improving internal and external communication since 1989 as a communication trainer, speaker, business coach and consultant for business letter and email writing, complaint management, time management, telephone skills and presentation skills. He develops company-specific concepts and materials to optimize written communication in customer service in German and supports the implementation with text modules and templates. Uwe has special sector expertise in automotive, health insurance, banks and financial services, insurance, legal partnerships, clothing/fashion. Uwe Freund lives in Munich, Germany.
- University education: Political Science, Psychology and German Literature. Degree: M. A. (Magister/Master)
- Coaching training based on Transactional Analysis; continued education in Gestalt, NLP, TCI, conflict management, group dynamics, sports training methodology, Meridian Based Psychology (MPC), INSIGHTS MDI (Accredited Consultant), Lumina Spark
- Training languages: German (native speaker), English (business fluent, C2)
- Training topics: Business Letter and Email Writing, Telephone Skills, Customer Service and Complaint Management, Time Management and Self-management, Presentation Skills and Facilitation Skills, Copywriting
© 2020 uwe freund communications | www.uwefreundcommunications.com