Training Course: Complex issues in a nutshell – how to formulate concisely and focus on your targets and your audience
Write professionally and efficiently: Statements, presentations, decision papers, emails, letters, management summaries, reports, product information and handbooks.
Conciseness is vital when creating statements, decision papers, management summaries, presentations, product information, handbooks and reports. “Short, crisp, easy to formulate” is increasingly becoming a key quality. If you are able to summarise a complex issue in a nutshell, you are able show your competence in the topic.
In this seminar, you will learn which factors are important for recipient-friendly texts and how you can use them selectively. You will learn how to structure your topics and present them in a clear and targeted manner.
Participants: All employees who provide targeted and professional statements, decision papers, management summaries, presentations, product information, handbooks and reports.
Training objectives: The participants learn how to structure information optimally and prepare it for different target groups.
- How to put complex issues in a nutshell: formulate key messages
- Structure with a focus on the goals: from collection, to draft, to the perfectly reader-oriented text
- Optimise: edit your own files
Compact training course as an in-house training: 1 day, e.g. 9:00am – 5:00pm
Intensive training course as an in-house training with work on participants’ own current examples: 2 days, e.g. 9:00am – 5:00pm
- The participants complete an expectations questionnaire online before the training.
- The participants provide the trainer with existing statements, presentations, document etc. which are to be optimised during the training course.
- Optimal structuring of various text types: statements, decision papers, management summaries, presentations, product information, handbooks and reports
- Simple and clear structuring of complex topics
- Short, crisp, informative: Presenting information in a reader-friendly manner and tailoring to your target group
- Choice of information: what is important – and what is not
- Conclusive argumentation: pyramidal structure, storyline, action titles , clear and goal-oriented formulation of core messages
- Constructing texts in a convincing and self-explanatory way: How does a text become self-evident = even without explanation?
- Style and language: clear, compact, precise and targeted
- Correct in structure and form
Handbook, quick reference cards and seminar service
- Detailed seminar handbook and handouts with exercises
- A5 quick reference cards as a brief summary
- Supplementary material and photographic minutes by email
- Support after the seminar: simply by email or using the Knowledge Blog – participants are welcome to ask questions and request tips after the seminar
Cameron Paul: Translator, interpreter, copy optimiser. Cameron Paul studied German, French and Japanese in New Zealand, during his Master’s degree he specialised in translation from French into his native language, English. After completing his further certification in the training of English as a foreign language, he worked in New Zealand, Japan, France and England as a trainer, finally settling to work for companies in Germany as an English translator.
For more than twenty years Cameron has worked freelance in and around Munich as a translator and copy optimiser of managerial training programmes, presentations, financial reporting documents, technical manuals and data sheets, as well as various published books. His fields of experience include the automotive industry (technical and managerial development), the banking and finance sector, the chemical industry (diagnostics, biochemistry and silicone technologies), lighting and electronic technologies, software development for security systems, psychiatry and psychotherapy, whitewater training, guiding and safety.
- Bachelor’s degree in German, French and Japanese
- Master’s degree French Literature and Translation
- Further qualifications in the fields of group dynamics, personal development, linguistics, interpretation and translation
Activities – spoken: Spontaneous interpretation of spoken communication, interpretation and communication support for meetings and video- / telephone conferences
Activities – written: Translation of written materials: Reports and documentation, technical data sheets and manuals, presentations and speeches, training materials for executive development, text books
Languages: English, German, French
Uwe Freund. Communication skills trainer, coach, copy optimiser (German). Uwe Freund has supported companies in improving internal and external communication since 1989 as a communication trainer, speaker, business coach and consultant for business letter and email writing, complaint management, time management, telephone skills and presentation skills. He develops company-specific concepts and materials to optimize written communication in customer service in German and supports the implementation with text modules and templates. Uwe has special sector expertise in automotive, health insurance, banks and financial services, insurance, legal partnerships, clothing/fashion. Uwe Freund lives in Munich, Germany.
- University education: Political Science, Psychology and German Literature. Degree: M. A. (Magister/Master)
- Coaching training based on Transactional Analysis; continued education in Gestalt, NLP, TCI, conflict management, group dynamics, sports training methodology, Meridian Based Psychology (MPC), INSIGHTS MDI (Accredited Consultant), Lumina Spark
- Training languages: German (native speaker), English (business fluent, C2)
- Training topics: Business Letter and Email Writing, Telephone Skills, Customer Service and Complaint Management, Time Management and Self-management, Presentation Skills and Facilitation Skills, Copywriting
© 2019 uwe freund communications | www.uwefreundcommunications.com