Training course: Professional writing in English reports
Using concise formulation to deliver complex content.
Clear, succinct writing is the key to conveying your message professionally. It is vital for achieving good results in your cooperation with counterparts and is also a hallmark of the quality of your work.
In this seminar, you will learn which factors are important for creating a reader-friendly text and how you can apply them in your particular field. You will learn how to structure your content and present it transparently, making it accessible for your audience.
You will receive input regarding correct language use and have numerous opportunities to develop your writing skills throughout the day. You will also receive personal feedback on your current level of writing, as well as a recommendation for the next important step for you.
Training objectives: Participants of this seminar
- receive structured input regarding the appropriate choice and organisation of content for their written material,
- review sample texts that highlight examples of good and poor-quality writing,
- produce their own texts “live” and receive individual feedback from the trainer regarding their potential for development,
- share feedback with peers in order to maximise learning in the group and
- test the effectiveness of their writing with an “acid test” – what did the native/non-native reader understand?
Duration: 1 – 2 days, e.g. 9:00am – 5:00pm
The seminar will provide guidelines to develop your skills with the following points of focus:
- Put it in a nutshell: Formulate core statements and messages with a “no-waste” policy
- Structure with purpose: Guide your reader easily through complex content
- Get it right: Avoid common mistakes and syntax errors, make appropriate use of tenses
- Develop your eloquence: Use appropriate register and terminology
- Keep it clear: Avoid ambiguous statements
Handbook, quick reference cards and seminar service
- Detailed seminar handbook and handouts with exercises
- A5 quick reference cards as a brief summary
- Supplementary material and photographic minutes by email
- Support after the seminar: simply by email or using the Knowledge Blog – participants are welcome to ask questions and request tips after the seminar
Your communication skills trainer:
Uwe Freund. Communication skills trainer, coach, copy optimiser (German). Uwe Freund has supported companies in improving internal and external communication since 1989 as a communication trainer, speaker, business coach and consultant for business letter and email writing, complaint management, time management, telephone skills and presentation skills. He develops company-specific concepts and materials to optimize written communication in customer service in German and supports the implementation with text modules and templates. Uwe has special sector expertise in automotive, health insurance, banks and financial services, insurance, legal partnerships, clothing/fashion. Uwe Freund lives in Munich, Germany.
- University education: Political Science, Psychology and German Literature. Degree: M. A. (Magister/Master)
- Coaching training based on Transactional Analysis; continued education in Gestalt, NLP, TCI, conflict management, group dynamics, sports training methodology, Meridian Based Psychology (MPC), INSIGHTS MDI (Accredited Consultant), Lumina Spark
- Training languages: German (native speaker), English (business fluent, C2)
- Training topics: Business Letter and Email Writing, Telephone Skills, Customer Service and Complaint Management, Time Management and Self-management, Presentation Skills and Facilitation Skills, Copywriting
Cameron Paul: Translator, interpreter, copy optimiser. Cameron Paul studied German, French and Japanese in New Zealand, during his Master’s degree he specialised in translation from French into his native language, English. After completing his further certification in the training of English as a foreign language, he worked in New Zealand, Japan, France and England as a trainer, finally settling to work for companies in Germany as an English translator.
For more than twenty years Cameron has worked freelance in and around Munich as a translator and copy optimiser of managerial training programmes, presentations, financial reporting documents, technical manuals and data sheets, as well as various published books. His fields of experience include the automotive industry (technical and managerial development), the banking and finance sector, the chemical industry (diagnostics, biochemistry and silicone technologies), lighting and electronic technologies, software development for security systems, psychiatry and psychotherapy, whitewater training, guiding and safety.
- Bachelor’s degree in German, French and Japanese
- Master’s degree French Literature and Translation
- Further qualifications in the fields of group dynamics, personal development, linguistics, interpretation and translation
Activities – spoken: Spontaneous interpretation of spoken communication, interpretation and communication support for meetings and video- / telephone conferences
Activities – written: Translation of written materials: Reports and documentation, technical data sheets and manuals, presentations and speeches, training materials for executive development, text books
Languages: English, German, French
© 2019 uwe freund communications | www.uwefreundcommunications.com