Training course: Effective Meetings – Face-to-Face and online with Skype
Conducting successful meetings.
Seminar objectives: Delegates learn how to conduct meetings effectively. They acquire new and proven tools to deliver outcome-oriented meetings both face-to-face and online using tools like Skype for Business.
Duration: 2 days, e.g. 9:00am – 5:00pm
- Before starting the course, participants identify challenges they have experienced dealing with stakeholders from different countries with varying levels of expertise in speaking English.
- Identify the components of a negotiation/meeting which made it a success/failure.
Planning and preparing for effective meetings
- Reasons for meetings
- Meeting attendance
- Agendas – importance and structure
The language of meetings
- Cultural considerations
- The importance of small talk, introduction and closing
- Diplomacy: interrupting, agreeing, disagreeing, suggesting, persuading, clarifying
- Meeting minutes and List of Open Points (LOP): summarising, allocating tasks, writing
- Dealing with „difficult people“
Online and video meetings with Skype for Business
- Challenges with virtual meetings compared with face to face meetings
- Useful features: preparing and leading meetings with Skype for Business
- Ensuring results and creating meeting minutes simultaneously
- How to use powerful Skype features to lead dynamic and effective meetings
- Interactive group discussions around challenging scenarios, reasons and effective resolutions
- Practical interactive role play scenarios including role play with Skype for Business
- Group exercises
Handbook, quick reference cards and seminar service
- Detailed seminar handbook and handouts with exercises
- A5 quick reference cards as a brief summary
- Supplementary material and photographic minutes by email
- Support after the seminar: simply by email or using the Knowledge Blog – participants are welcome to ask questions and request tips after the seminar
Your communication skills trainers:
During her 25 year career as a writer in the UK, Sarah Gibbons has developed excellent communication skills which have been expertly used in a diverse range of situations, including journalism, public relations and training. Sarah is also a regular contributor of articles to an international lifestyle magazine and author of promotional material for private sector companies. As well as writing traditional press releases for organisations and assisting them with their internal and external communications, Sarah also devises and implements social media strategies and delivers in-house communication training programmes to clients including police, IT companies, business coaches and the automotive industry. Sarah lives in Worcestershire, UK.
- Education: BA degree in American Studies and French, a Certificate in Journalism and a Cert TESOL
- Journalistic experience: Newspaper and magazine reporter and Editor in the UK, international lifestyle feature writer
- Training language: English
- Training topics: Business letter and email writing, Complaint management by letter and email, Press and publicity, Business English language courses, in-company communication workshops
Uwe Freund has supported companies in improving internal and external communication since 1989 as a communication trainer, speaker, business coach and consultant for business letter and email writing, complaint management, time management, telephone skills and presentation skills. He develops company-specific concepts and materials to optimize written communication in customer service in German and supports the implementation with text modules and templates. Uwe has special sector expertise in automotive, health insurance, banks and financial services, insurance, legal partnerships, clothing/fashion. Uwe Freund lives in Munich, Germany.
- University education: Political Science, Psychology and German Literature. Degree: M. A. (Magister/Master)
- Coaching training based on Transactional Analysis; continued education in Gestalt, NLP, TCI, conflict management, group dynamics, sports training methodology, Meridian Based Psychology (MPC), INSIGHTS MDI (Accredited Consultant), Lumina Spark
- Training languages: German (native speaker), English (business fluent, C2)
- Training topics: Business Letter and Email Writing, Telephone Skills, Customer Service and Complaint Management, Time Management and Self-management, Presentation Skills and Facilitation Skills, Copywriting
Presentation and facilitation:
☐ Presentation skills training
☐ Individual presentation skills coaching
☐ Effective meetings face-to-face and online with Skype
☐ Working with international partners: developing cultural awareness
☐ International negotiations and meetings
☐ Basics of communication and speech
© 2018 uwe freund communications | www.uwefreundcommunications.com