Training course: International negotiations and meetings skills
Conducting successful negotiations with international counterparts. Participating effectively in meetings with stakeholders from different countries.
Fully interactive two-day training programme to help international non-native English speaking business executives play an active role in effective negotiations and meetings in English.
Seminar objectives: Delegates learn how to participate effectively in negotiations and meetings in English with international stakeholders.
Duration: 2 days, e.g. 9:00am – 5:00pm
- Before starting the course, participants identify challenges they have experienced dealing with stakeholders from different countries with varying levels of expertise in speaking English.
- Identify the components of a negotiation/meeting which made it a success/failure.
- Learn about the importance of small talk – and practise live scenarios
- Explore the cultural differences that impact on how everyone conducts business
- Learn how to interact diplomatically, even in challenging situations, to achieve the best business outcomes.
- Practise negotiating and holding meetings with fellow course participants.
- Receive instant feedback on your language skills and take away useful tips and handouts to help you manage your next international negotiation or meeting
- Interactive group discussions around challenging scenarios, reasons and effective resolutions
- Practical interactive role play scenarios with instant language feedback and peer review
- Group exercises
- Handouts of subject specific language
Handbook, quick reference cards and seminar service
- Detailed seminar handbook and handouts with exercises
- A5 quick reference cards as a brief summary
- Supplementary material and photographic minutes by email
- Support after the seminar: simply by email or using the Knowledge Blog – participants are welcome to ask questions and request tips after the seminar
Your communication skills trainers:
Uwe Freund. Communication skills trainer, coach, copy optimiser (German). Uwe Freund has supported companies in improving internal and external communication since 1989 as a communication trainer, speaker, business coach and consultant for business letter and email writing, complaint management, time management, telephone skills and presentation skills. He develops company-specific concepts and materials to optimize written communication in customer service in German and supports the implementation with text modules and templates. Uwe has special sector expertise in automotive, health insurance, banks and financial services, insurance, legal partnerships, clothing/fashion. Uwe Freund lives in Munich, Germany.
- University education: Political Science, Psychology and German Literature. Degree: M. A. (Magister/Master)
- Coaching training based on Transactional Analysis; continued education in Gestalt, NLP, TCI, conflict management, group dynamics, sports training methodology, Meridian Based Psychology (MPC), INSIGHTS MDI (Accredited Consultant), Lumina Spark
- Training languages: German (native speaker), English (business fluent, C2)
- Training topics: Business Letter and Email Writing, Telephone Skills, Customer Service and Complaint Management, Time Management and Self-management, Presentation Skills and Facilitation Skills, Copywriting
Cameron Paul: Translator, interpreter, copy optimiser. Cameron Paul studied German, French and Japanese in New Zealand, during his Master’s degree he specialised in translation from French into his native language, English. After completing his further certification in the training of English as a foreign language, he worked in New Zealand, Japan, France and England as a trainer, finally settling to work for companies in Germany as an English translator.
For more than twenty years Cameron has worked freelance in and around Munich as a translator and copy optimiser of managerial training programmes, presentations, financial reporting documents, technical manuals and data sheets, as well as various published books. His fields of experience include the automotive industry (technical and managerial development), the banking and finance sector, the chemical industry (diagnostics, biochemistry and silicone technologies), lighting and electronic technologies, software development for security systems, psychiatry and psychotherapy, whitewater training, guiding and safety.
- Bachelor’s degree in German, French and Japanese
- Master’s degree French Literature and Translation
- Further qualifications in the fields of group dynamics, personal development, linguistics, interpretation and translation
Activities – spoken: Spontaneous interpretation of spoken communication, interpretation and communication support for meetings and video- / telephone conferences
Activities – written: Translation of written materials: Reports and documentation, technical data sheets and manuals, presentations and speeches, training materials for executive development, text books
Languages: English, German, French
© 2019 uwe freund communications | www.uwefreundcommunications.com