Coaching: Individual presentation coaching – improving your personal impact
Identifying and avoiding presentation errors – last rehearsal training.
Expert, credible and personal – these are the factors that make a presentation convincing. In this seminar, participants find out how to apply the appropriate blend of dramatic composition, confident speech, effective body language and professional use of media to achieve an optimum effect. Video recordings and detailed follow-up allow participants to recognise their own potential and consciously tap into their strengths.
An expert, assured and convincing manner is required to be able to „sell“ ideas and products successfully in presentations. Listeners naturally expect good preparation, clear structures, an appealing presentation, confident use of media and a convincing display.
Coaching objectives: Participants learn how to prepare and deliver a presentation to optimum effect.
Duration: 0.5 – 1 day, e.g. 9:00am – 5:00pm
- Before starting the course, participants fill out a password-protected expectations questionnaire. I compile the precise seminar content and structure based on the results of the questionnaire.
- Before the course, participants are provided with a short e-book containing the main tips for effective presentation. It serves as preparation for the seminar. Participants draw up a personal development plan to identify which points they particularly wish to work on in the seminar.
- Choosing and structuring information selectively
- Basics of visual communication
- Transforming nerves and stage fright into positive energy
- Identifying and avoiding presentation errors
- Posture and body language – and how they can be put to effective use
- Time management and perception psychology
- Presentation media and resources
- Making selective use of questioning techniques
- Handling disruptions and conflicts in a confident manner
- Numerous practical exercises including video recording and analysis. After the seminar, each participant is issued with their personal video files of their work.
Handbook, quick reference cards and seminar service
- Detailed seminar handbook and handouts with exercises
- A5 quick reference cards as a brief summary
- Supplementary material and photographic minutes by email
- Support after the seminar: simply by email or using the Knowledge Blog – participants are welcome to ask questions and request tips after the seminar
- Each participant is issued their personal video files of their work after the seminar.
Your communication skills trainer:
Uwe Freund. Communication skills trainer, coach, copy optimiser (German). Uwe Freund has supported companies in improving internal and external communication since 1989 as a communication trainer, speaker, business coach and consultant for business letter and email writing, complaint management, time management, telephone skills and presentation skills. He develops company-specific concepts and materials to optimize written communication in customer service in German and supports the implementation with text modules and templates. Uwe has special sector expertise in automotive, health insurance, banks and financial services, insurance, legal partnerships, clothing/fashion. Uwe Freund lives in Munich, Germany.
- University education: Political Science, Psychology and German Literature. Degree: M. A. (Magister/Master)
- Coaching training based on Transactional Analysis; continued education in Gestalt, NLP, TCI, conflict management, group dynamics, sports training methodology, Meridian Based Psychology (MPC), INSIGHTS MDI (Accredited Consultant), Lumina Spark
- Training languages: German (native speaker), English (business fluent, C2)
Training topics: Business Letter and Email Writing, Telephone Skills, Customer Service and Complaint Management, Time Management and Self-management, Presentation Skills and Facilitation Skills, Copywriting
- BJV Bayerischer Journalistenverband (Bavarian Association of Journalists)
- DIN Deutsches Institut für Normung (German Institute for Standardisation) e. V., Mitglied im Arbeitsausschuss „Text- und Informationsverarbeitung für Büroanwendungen“ (Member of the committee for “Word and information processing for office applications”)
- GfdS Gesellschaft für deutsche Sprache (Society for the German Language)
Cameron Paul. Communication Skills Trainer and Coach. Cameron Paul studied German, French and Japanese in New Zealand, during his Master’s degree he specialised in translation into his native language, English. After completing his certification in the training of English as a foreign language, he worked in New Zealand, Japan, France and England as a trainer, finally settling to work for companies in Munich as an English trainer and translator.
For more than twenty years Cameron has worked freelance in and around Munich both as a trainer of individuals and groups and as a translator of training materials, manuals and various published books. His fields of experience include the automotive industry (technical and managerial development), the chemistry industry (diagnostics, biochemistry and silicone technologies), lighting and electronic technologies, software development for security systems, psychiatry and psychotherapy, white water training, guiding and safety.
- Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in German, French and Japanese, Master’s degree French Literature and Translation, Various further qualifications in the field of training, group dynamics and personal development
- Training languages: English, German, French
Presentation, facilitation, meetings, intercultural:
☐ Presentation skills training
☐ Hosting and facilitating effective meetings
☐ International negociations and meeting
☐ Managing conflict in teams
☐ Managing conflict with colleagues
☐ Individual presentation skills coaching
☐ Working with international partners
☐ Successful intercultural collaboration
☐ Basics of communication and speech