Presentation skills training: presenting successfully
Improving your personal impact. Identify and avoid presentation errors.
Expert, credible and personal – these are the factors that make a presentation convincing. In this seminar, participants find out how to apply the appropriate blend of dramatic composition, confident speech, effective body language and professional use of media to achieve an optimum effect. Video recordings and detailed follow-up allow participants to recognise their own potential and consciously tap into their strengths.
An expert, assured and convincing manner is required to be able to „sell“ ideas and products successfully in presentations. Listeners naturally expect good preparation, clear structures, an appealing presentation, confident use of media and a convincing display.
Seminar objectives: Participants learn how to prepare and deliver a presentation to optimum effect.
Duration: 1 – 2 days, e.g. 9:00am – 5:00pm
- Before starting the course, participants fill out a password-protected expectations questionnaire. I compile the precise seminar content and structure based on the results of the questionnaire.
- Before the course, participants are provided with a short e-book containing the main tips for effective presentation. It serves as preparation for the seminar. Participants draw up a personal development plan to identify which points they particularly wish to work on in the seminar.
- Choosing and structuring information selectively
- Basics of visual communication
- Transforming nerves and stage fright into positive energy
- Identifying and avoiding presentation errors
- Posture and body language – and how they can be put to effective use
- Time management and perception psychology
- Presentation media and resources
- Making selective use of questioning techniques
- Handling disruptions and conflicts in a confident manner
- Numerous practical exercises with video recording and analysis. Each participant is issued with their personal video files of their work including feedback after the seminar.
Handbook, quick reference cards and seminar service
- Detailed seminar handbook and handouts with exercises
- A5 quick reference cards as a brief summary
- Supplementary material and photographic minutes by email
- Support after the seminar: simply by email or using the Knowledge Blog – participants are welcome to ask questions and request tips after the seminar
Your communication skills trainer:
Uwe Freund. Communication skills trainer, coach, copy optimiser (German). Uwe Freund has supported companies in improving internal and external communication since 1989 as a communication trainer, speaker, business coach and consultant for business letter and email writing, complaint management, time management, telephone skills and presentation skills. He develops company-specific concepts and materials to optimize written communication in customer service in German and supports the implementation with text modules and templates. Uwe has special sector expertise in automotive, health insurance, banks and financial services, insurance, legal partnerships, clothing/fashion. Uwe Freund lives in Munich, Germany.
- University education: Political Science, Psychology and German Literature. Degree: M. A. (Magister/Master)
- Coaching training based on Transactional Analysis; continued education in Gestalt, NLP, TCI, conflict management, group dynamics, sports training methodology, Meridian Based Psychology (MPC), INSIGHTS MDI (Accredited Consultant), Lumina Spark
- Training languages: German (native speaker), English (business fluent, C2)
- Training topics: Business Letter and Email Writing, Telephone Skills, Customer Service and Complaint Management, Time Management and Self-management, Presentation Skills and Facilitation Skills, Copywriting
Presentation, facilitation, meetings, intercultural:
☐ Presentation skills training
☐ Individual presentation skills coaching
☐ Hosting and facilitating effective meetings
☐ Managing team conflicts
☐ International negotiations and meetings
☐ Working with international partners: developing cultural awareness
☐ Successful intercultural collaboration
☐ Communication models for effective communication
☐ Assertive, non-aggressive communication
☐ Basics of communication and speech
© 2019 uwe freund communications | www.uwefreundcommunications.com