Seminar: Working with international partners – developing cultural awareness
Building efficient international teams. Improving cross-border business relationships.
Cultural awareness seminar programme for anyone whose work sees them interact with stakeholders from different cultural backgrounds. Explore the theory which explains how and why people think and act in different ways in response to the same set of circumstances and challenges.
Seminar objectives: Participants learn how to appreciate the impact culture has on the way we all conduct business and how to celebrate and utilise diversity to create strong, dynamic and effective teams.
Duration: 1 day, e.g. 9:00am – 5:00pm
- Before starting the course, participants identify challenges they have experienced dealing with stakeholders from different cultural backgrounds. How did they manifest themselves and how were they resolved (if, indeed, they were)?
- What is culture?
- Why is cultural awareness important in business?
- There is no ‘right’ or ‘wrong’ way to conduct business, just ‘different’ ways
- The theory of culture
- Comparison between different cultures and the potential clashes in a business scenario – how to avoid them
- Overview of cultural behaviours, dos and don’ts in key target countries
- What are your core values and how are they reflected in your business life? Are they the same/different from your colleagues – internal and external?
- Interactive group discussions around challenging scenarios, reasons and effective resolutions
- Theory trainer input
- Critical thinking
- Analysis of real life case studies
Handbook, quick reference cards and seminar service
- Detailed seminar handbook and handouts with exercises
- A5 quick reference cards as a brief summary
- Supplementary material and photographic minutes by email
- Support after the seminar: simply by email or using the Knowledge Blog – participants are welcome to ask questions and request tips after the seminar
Your communication skills trainers:
Cameron Paul. Communication Skills Trainer and Coach. Cameron Paul studied German, French and Japanese in New Zealand, during his Master’s degree he specialised in translation into his native language, English. After completing his certification in the training of English as a foreign language, he worked in New Zealand, Japan, France and England as a trainer, finally settling to work for companies in Munich as an English trainer and translator.
For more than twenty years Cameron has worked freelance in and around Munich both as a trainer of individuals and groups and as a translator of training materials, manuals and various published books. His fields of experience include the automotive industry (technical and managerial development), the chemistry industry (diagnostics, biochemistry and silicone technologies), lighting and electronic technologies, software development for security systems, psychiatry and psychotherapy, white water training, guiding and safety.
- Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in German, French and Japanese, Master’s degree French Literature and Translation, Various further qualifications in the field of training, group dynamics and personal development
- Training languages: English, German, French
Presentation, facilitation, meetings, intercultural:
☐ Presentation skills training
☐ Hosting and facilitating effective meetings
☐ International negociations and meeting
☐ Managing conflict in teams
☐ Managing conflict with colleagues
☐ Individual presentation skills coaching
☐ Working with international partners
☐ Successful intercultural collaboration
☐ Basics of communication and speech
© 2020 uwe freund communications | www.uwefreund.com/en