Business etiquette: Who greets who first? Who introduces whom?
Simple rules for the perfect first impression.
Generally: The higher ranked or “more important” (= guest, visitor) is given information first during the introduction, this means:
- Supervisor, then employee. The employee will be introduced to the supervisor.
- Attendee (already present), then new arrival. The newly arrived will be introduced to the attendee.
- Guest, then in-house staff. The in-house staff will be introduced to the guest.
- Lady, then gentleman. The gentleman will be introduced to the lady.
- Younger, then older. The younger lady will be introduced to the significantly older lady.
However, for practical reasons and particular with ladies, you will greet the one first who is standing next to you and not judge age at all …
Presentation, facilitation, meetings, intercultural:
☐ Presentation skills training
☐ Individual presentation skills coaching
☐ Hosting and facilitating effective meetings
☐ Managing team conflicts
☐ International negotiations and meetings
☐ Working with international partners: developing cultural awareness
☐ Successful intercultural collaboration
☐ Communication models for effective communication
☐ Assertive, non-aggressive communication
☐ Basics of communication and speech
© 2019 uwe freund communications | www.uwefreundcommunications.com