Seminar: Business letter and email writing in English
Writing effective emails and letters in English, replying to complaints respectfully.
Contemporary business letters and emails in English are clear yet personal. In this intensive seminar, participants are provided with simple and effective tools for wording letters and emails in a professional, customer-oriented style. The key to a professional style lies in precise and succinct messages presented in a well-structured format.
Expectations of letters and emails have changed. Anyone writing in the „old style“ today conveys a poor image of their company to customers and other communication associates.
Contemporary letters and emails are clearly structured and precisely worded. They are recipient-focused, easy to understand and free of obsolete phrases or „officialese“.
Seminar objectives: Participants find out how to write in a contemporary style with a range of practical tips and suggestions. They learn how to work out a basic structure for daily letters and emails, enabling them to create texts more quickly, more confidently and with a clear target in mind.
Duration: 1 – 2 days, e.g. 9am. to 5pm.
- Participants submit customer letters and emails and the relevant replies for prior analysis and formulate their questions and expectations of the seminar.
- The eight basic principles to follow for a contemporary letter and email style in English
- What no longer works: obsolete, wrong, superfluous or clumsy expressions are replaced with flawless, approriate and contemporary ones
- Clear, targeted and precise phrasing: drafting letters that are correctly and comprehensibly structured
- Sensible structuring and the best possible line of argument
- Primary and secondary purpose of the customer letter: choose positive, respectful wording which is not patronising
- If necessary: create templates for commonly used texts
- Write with formal precision: be familiar with and apply the guidelines and norms for correspondence
- Optimise letters and emails written by participants
Handbook, quick reference cards and seminar service
- Detailed seminar handbook and handouts with exercises
- A5 quick reference cards as a brief summary
- Supplementary material and photographic minutes by email
- Support after the seminar: simply by email or using the Knowledge Blog – participants are welcome to ask questions and request tips after the seminar
Your communication skills trainers:
Cameron Paul. Communication Skills Trainer and Coach. Cameron Paul studied German, French and Japanese in New Zealand, during his Master’s degree he specialised in translation into his native language, English. After completing his certification in the training of English as a foreign language, he worked in New Zealand, Japan, France and England as a trainer, finally settling to work for companies in Munich as an English trainer and translator.
For more than twenty years Cameron has worked freelance in and around Munich both as a trainer of individuals and groups and as a translator of training materials, manuals and various published books. His fields of experience include the automotive industry (technical and managerial development), the chemistry industry (diagnostics, biochemistry and silicone technologies), lighting and electronic technologies, software development for security systems, psychiatry and psychotherapy, white water training, guiding and safety.
- Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in German, French and Japanese, Master’s degree French Literature and Translation, Various further qualifications in the field of training, group dynamics and personal development
- Training languages: English, German, French
Please request a personal quote for your in-house seminar:
Seminars: Business letter and email writing, complaint management, telephone skills, live chat skills
uwe freund communications
coaching | copywriting
81541 Munich | Germany
Phone +49 89 26011788
Mobile +49 172 8507764
Fax +49 89 26011789