Seminar: Hosting and facilitating effective meetings
How to lead result-oriented meetings.
Meetings are essential in business, but they can become one of the biggest time wasters in an organization. Therefore, facilitation skills are increasingly important for employees, managers and specialists. Running meetings via online tools like Skype offer great opportunities – and pose particular challenges.
- Plan and facilitate meetings to achieve results
- Ensure clarity regarding reasons for meetings
- Achieve aims and secure sustainable results in your meetings
- Deal with conflict, obstructions or “difficult people”
You will plan the concrete contents of your coaching together with your coach in order to make sure that the coaching meets your needs and expectations exactly. The seminar will be a mixture of theory and extensive practical exercises to ensure transfer and reflection of the material learned.
Duration: 1 – 2 days, e.g. 9:00am – 5:00pm
- Before starting the course, participants fill in an online questionnaire and receive preparatory material.
- Participants identify challenges they have experienced dealing with stakeholders, perhaps also from different countries with varying levels of expertise in speaking English.
- The sense of facilitation and the role of the facilitator
- Phase model for facilitation and agendas
- Models for consensus-oriented decision processes
- Detailed planning – developing a script for your meeting
- Securing results and delegating tasks
- Dos and Don’ts of meeting facilitation
- Group dynamic aspects and avoiding conflicts
- Intervention strategies for disturbances and conflicts
- Interactive group discussions around challenging scenarios, reasons and effective resolutions
- Practical interactive role play scenarios
- Group exercises
Handbook, quick reference cards and seminar service
- Detailed seminar handbook and handouts with exercises
- A5 quick reference cards as a brief summary
- Supplementary material and photographic minutes by email
- Support after the seminar: simply by email or using the Knowledge Blog – participants are welcome to ask questions and request tips after the seminar
Cameron Paul. Communication Skills Trainer and Coach. Cameron Paul studied German, French and Japanese in New Zealand, during his Master’s degree he specialised in translation into his native language, English. After completing his certification in the training of English as a foreign language, he worked in New Zealand, Japan, France and England as a trainer, finally settling to work for companies in Munich as an English trainer and translator.
For more than twenty years Cameron has worked freelance in and around Munich both as a trainer of individuals and groups and as a translator of training materials, manuals and various published books. His fields of experience include the automotive industry (technical and managerial development), the chemistry industry (diagnostics, biochemistry and silicone technologies), lighting and electronic technologies, software development for security systems, psychiatry and psychotherapy, white water training, guiding and safety.
- Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in German, French and Japanese, Master’s degree French Literature and Translation, Various further qualifications in the field of training, group dynamics and personal development
- Training languages: English, German, French
Uwe Freund. Communication skills trainer, coach, copy optimiser (German). Uwe Freund has supported companies in improving internal and external communication since 1989 as a communication trainer, speaker, business coach and consultant for business letter and email writing, complaint management, time management, telephone skills and presentation skills. He develops company-specific concepts and materials to optimize written communication in customer service in German and supports the implementation with text modules and templates. Uwe has special sector expertise in automotive, health insurance, banks and financial services, insurance, legal partnerships, clothing/fashion. Uwe Freund lives in Munich, Germany.
- University education: Political Science, Psychology and German Literature. Degree: M. A. (Magister/Master)
- Coaching training based on Transactional Analysis; continued education in Gestalt, NLP, TCI, conflict management, group dynamics, sports training methodology, Meridian Based Psychology (MPC), INSIGHTS MDI (Accredited Consultant), Lumina Spark
- Training languages: German (native speaker), English (business fluent, C2)
Training topics: Business Letter and Email Writing, Telephone Skills, Customer Service and Complaint Management, Time Management and Self-management, Presentation Skills and Facilitation Skills, Copywriting
- BJV Bayerischer Journalistenverband (Bavarian Association of Journalists)
- DIN Deutsches Institut für Normung (German Institute for Standardisation) e. V., Mitglied im Arbeitsausschuss „Text- und Informationsverarbeitung für Büroanwendungen“ (Member of the committee for “Word and information processing for office applications”)
- GfdS Gesellschaft für deutsche Sprache (Society for the German Language)
Presentation, facilitation, meetings, intercultural:
☐ Presentation skills training
☐ Hosting and facilitating effective meetings
☐ International negociations and meeting
☐ Managing conflict in teams
☐ Managing conflict with colleagues
☐ Working with international partners
☐ Basics of communication and speech