Seminar: International negotiations and meetings skills
Conducting successful negotiations with international counterparts. Participating effectively in meetings with stakeholders from different countries.
Fully interactive two-day training programme to help international non-native English speaking business executives play an active role in effective negotiations and meetings in English.
Seminar objectives: Delegates learn how to participate effectively in negotiations and meetings in English with international stakeholders.
Duration: 2 days, e.g. 9:00am – 5:00pm
- Before starting the course, participants identify challenges they have experienced dealing with stakeholders from different countries with varying levels of expertise in speaking English.
- Identify the components of a negotiation/meeting which made it a success/failure.
- Learn about the importance of small talk – and practise live scenarios
- Explore the cultural differences that impact on how everyone conducts business
- Learn how to interact diplomatically, even in challenging situations, to achieve the best business outcomes.
- Practise negotiating and holding meetings with fellow course participants.
- Receive instant feedback on your language skills and take away useful tips and handouts to help you manage your next international negotiation or meeting
- Interactive group discussions around challenging scenarios, reasons and effective resolutions
- Practical interactive role play scenarios with instant language feedback and peer review
- Group exercises
- Handouts of subject specific language
Handbook, quick reference cards and seminar service
- Detailed seminar handbook and handouts with exercises
- A5 quick reference cards as a brief summary
- Supplementary material and photographic minutes by email
- Support after the seminar: simply by email or using the Knowledge Blog – participants are welcome to ask questions and request tips after the seminar
Your communication skills trainers:
Uwe Freund. Communication skills trainer, coach, copy optimiser (German). Uwe Freund has supported companies in improving internal and external communication since 1989 as a communication trainer, speaker, business coach and consultant for business letter and email writing, complaint management, time management, telephone skills and presentation skills. He develops company-specific concepts and materials to optimize written communication in customer service in German and supports the implementation with text modules and templates. Uwe has special sector expertise in automotive, health insurance, banks and financial services, insurance, legal partnerships, clothing/fashion. Uwe Freund lives in Munich, Germany.
- University education: Political Science, Psychology and German Literature. Degree: M. A. (Magister/Master)
- Coaching training based on Transactional Analysis; continued education in Gestalt, NLP, TCI, conflict management, group dynamics, sports training methodology, Meridian Based Psychology (MPC), INSIGHTS MDI (Accredited Consultant), Lumina Spark
- Training languages: German (native speaker), English (business fluent, C2)
Training topics: Business Letter and Email Writing, Telephone Skills, Customer Service and Complaint Management, Time Management and Self-management, Presentation Skills and Facilitation Skills, Copywriting
- BJV Bayerischer Journalistenverband (Bavarian Association of Journalists)
- DIN Deutsches Institut für Normung (German Institute for Standardisation) e. V., Mitglied im Arbeitsausschuss „Text- und Informationsverarbeitung für Büroanwendungen“ (Member of the committee for “Word and information processing for office applications”)
- GfdS Gesellschaft für deutsche Sprache (Society for the German Language)